You care about the issue of school segregation. You want to get involved. Here’s how:
- Subscribe! Join us at Facebook and Twitter and follow along for school integration news, commentary, announcements.
- Reach out. The importance of getting connected cannot be understated. Wherever you are in your thinking, whatever your situation, we’ve likely been there, too. If you’d like to talk with a parent who has ‘been there’ or would like to volunteer to talk with a parent in the midst of making their decisions reach out here and we will connect you through our Parent-to-Parent Program. Also, check out our Communities Page to see if there is a group in your area and contact them!
- Do a little research. We’ve compiled a set of resources (podcasts, articles, videos) to help get you started.
- TALK about this anywhere and everywhere you can. It matters. A lot.
- Take the Two Tour Pledge — commit to touring two schools that serve students not ‘just like yours.’ Just step foot inside the door; you may even be pleasantly surprised.
- Join the Integrated Schools Book Clubs— these are online and free ways to connect with parents across the country who are thinking about these issues. (Upcoming event notifications will be emailed/posted).
- Consider starting your own local Integrated Schools group! While some chapters are incredibly organized and active, others are very informal and loose clusters of parents talking and sharing. You don’t have to be a tried-and-tested community organizer, you don’t have to have your children enrolled in an integrated/ing school or even be fully committed to sending your child to an integrated/ing school. You just need to want to talk about it. Contact us in the form below.
- Share your education story. Stories help us make sense of the world and we’d love to hear (and share?) yours!