Two Tour Pledge
If you care about the inequities of our public school system and how segregation affects all kids and if you’re thinking about schools for your kids and wondering what you can do, here’s an easy first step — Take the Two Tour Pledge! Before making judgements about a school, step inside…
As a Parent-with-Choice, in support of the fundamental premise that all children have the right to a quality education, with the knowledge that the choices I make for my child affects all children, and with the belief that in choosing a school for my child I am also building the world they will live in as an adult, I pledge to…
- tour 2 schools that serve a majority of students from different racial, socioeconomic, and linguistic backgrounds than my family. I will tour these two schools regardless of their test scores, reputation or any “bad” stories I have heard about them. I will tour these two schools with an open mind and heart.
- find 2 positive things (at least) about each school.
- tell 2 parent-friends about those schools.
- encourage 2 parent-friends to also take this pledge.
- ask 2 questions (or more!) about socioeconomic, racial/ethnic and linguistic diversity at all the schools I tour/consider for my child.
Register your Pledge commitment below! Let’s build this grassroots movement loud and strong!