Recapping Last Night’s WebinarBy Integrated Schools | April 20, 2021
We want to thank you for joining us last night for our webinar, How We Show Up Part 1.
We were so inspired by the comments and questions! For those of you that missed the live viewing, don’t worry! You can catch the entire webinar and Q&A here.
We would LOVE to hear your feedback. It is so important for us to know what questions or concerns you have, as we are all on this learning journey together. Please take a moment to fill out this brief survey.
As promised, we are also including a list of many of the resources that we mentioned and that have influenced us. If you are looking for more, head to the resources page on our website, and don’t forget to follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). You can also check out our bookshop, where you can support local bookstores and a portion of the proceeds comes back to Integrated Schools.
Some of the resources we mentioned:
- Our First Webinar: The Integrated Schools Movement: Where We Begin
- The Resource List from that webinar
- Tema Okun on White Supremacy Culture and From White Racist to White Anti-Racist
- Summary of Stages of Racial Identity Development from Racial Equity Tools
- Black Educators Initiative Webinar: 3rd Wave School Desegregation
- Awkward Conversations Guide
- When Middle-Class Parents Choose Urban Schools: Class, Race, and the Challenge of Equity in Public Education by Lynn Posey-Maddox
- Teens Take Charge
Other resources that informed this work:
- Loretta Ross workshops
- Resmaa Menakem and his On Being Interview
- EJ-ROC tips for white parents
- Racial Healing Handbook
- Just Schools: Building Equitable Collaborations with Families and Communities by Ann M. Ishimaru
- Mothers of Massive Resistance: White Women and the Politics of White Supremacy by Elizabeth Gillespie McRae
To join our workout group:
- Our Parent-to-Parent Program
- Find a local chapter near you
- Listen to our podcast
- Join our Patreon
- Register for our next Book Club – we’re reading Heather McGhee’s The Sum of Us
To support this all volunteer effort, please share the webinar and our other resources. If you are in a position to make a tax deductible financial contribution, we would be incredibly grateful.
Posted in: news
Integrated Schools is growing a grassroots movement of, by and for parents who are intentionally, joyfully and humbly enrolling their children in integrating schools. Learn more >