As a Parent-with-Choice in support of the fundamental premise that all children have the right to a quality education, and with the belief that in choosing a school for my child I am also building the world they will live in as an adult,
• I pledge to tour two schools that serve a majority of students from different racial/socioeconomic demographics than my family. I will tour these two schools regardless of their test scores, reputation or any “bad/scary” stories I have heard about them. I will tour these two schools with an open mind and heart.
• I will find at least two positive things to say about each.
• I will tell two parent-friends about those tours and the nice things I have to say.
• I will encourage two parent-friends to also take this pledge.
• Furthermore, I pledge to ask two questions (or more!) about socioeconomic, racial/ethnic and linguistic diversity at all the schools I tour/consider for my child.
Register your pledge in the comments below! Share what you found! Share out the pledge!